In this video, we interview Nathan Stevens of Groundswell Media Productions in Missoula, Montana.
He helps us discover some important steps a business should take to optimize their Facebook Fan Page for local exposure.
top tips found in the video:
- Add your address.
- Add your address (under Basic Information section) and Get your business address VERIFIED
- Be sure your business is properly listed with Bing (www.bing.com/businessportal).
- Add SubCategories related to your business
- If you want people to “Check In” to your business, be sure your Category is set as a Local Business. (Not Artists, or Community)
- Getting a verified Place type category also opens you up to Deals and Reviews.
- Be sure to name your page with some keywords. Do this before you have 100 fans. Once you do, you can’t change your page name.
- The sound cuts out at 9:14, but he suggests you visit: https://www.facebook.com/facebookplaces (and he suggests you check out how to make your page work better on Mobile devices.)
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to be alerted when we have a new video out for you to watch.
Many thanks to Nathan Stephens from Groundswell Media Productions for his help with this video.